I went this morning to see if I could get a time-lapse movie from the location in Ten Hills Park under the commuter rail bridge, but there was barely any wind and the turbine was parked. Since I was there, I figured I get some sunrise stills: That’ll be it on the turbine images until
Month: December 2012
I’m scouting out locations for a good shot of the MWRA turbine in Everett, and I shot a quick 1-hour time-lapse in Ten Hills Park near Assembly Square this afternoon. A decent video, but I think I found a better place for the next installment.
So, the reason I posted the digital Dao De Ching is because I had a small epiphany of how to work the Chinese encoding in a different way, which lead me back to the original, older encoding concept, and I figured I’d go ahead and post it just to be complete. The new concept is
So quite some time ago I thought about Chinese and how it’s nearly a one-to-one encoding system for concepts and graphic representations, and maybe there could be another encoding system that reveals unique image identifiers… So I took the Unicode numbers for the characters in the first stanza of the Dao De Ching and used
300… I’ve captured 300 QRs. Here’s the group average, as shot: (the graininess comes from the fact I photographed three or four QRs on computer monitors this time around) Generated average: Average of all 300, as shot– And all 300, freshly generated: Since 300 is a big and round number, I figured I’d do another
Right now this is a placeholder for a project coming to fruition when the weather gets reliably below freezing. Here’s a hint to the coming content. And here’s a shot of the project in process– And finally, the finished piece: The QR code was constructed out of over 300 black pixels made of a frozen