Month: January 2012
I forgot to actually post these to the blog here, so there’s a backlog. They did go out spaced about a week apart. Twelfth right here.
Another Swadesh composite is in the bag, and it’s yet another Indo-European language! However, there’s nothing wrong with the sound of Farsi, and I have a lead on Hebrew and Palestinian Arabic, which are not IE languages.
I completed a new Swadesh composite sound this evening, this time in Nepalese. I was expecting a completely different range of sounds, but it turns out Nepalese is part of the Indo-European language family and there were more similarities than I expected.
I posted the post-millenial warning signs, so why not post another series of images I put up at Boston Coasters for you to purchase on a mug, coaster or T-shirt of your choosing? I went out and shot as many shots of four wind turbines in and around Boston as I could, and then selected
I did these a while back, but recently put them up at Boston Coasters, and figured I’d post them here for funsies.
Here are the “traditional” icosacomposites I shot on Friday. More of the process of shooting these can be found here. While preparing the Downtown Crossing icosacomposite I discovered that the camera was focusing on the people close to me rather than the subway trains, so this one has a more dreamy feel to it.
Here are the raw versions of the Park Street Icosacomposite Intervals. These are simple composited in time, with no adjustment for camera drift or alignment.
I’m up to 120 QRs captured in the wild: As shot: From the codes generated by the above URLs: Full composite of all 120 codes as shot: And full composite of all codes generated from the wild images: