With Labor Day and various other stuff happening, I haven’t been able to get over to the Nave until late this afternoon. Alas, I was only there for a couple hours, mostly to make more repairs to the Mississippi and to lay the other two out on a different support system. The plinth wasn’t quite the right height, and both the Nile and Yangtze started sagging in weird ways. Evidently wooden cubes and wood glue are more pliable than originally expected. Here are the rivers in their new layouts, with clamps visible on the Mississippi:
I also took the opportunity to hang up the latest Flow Pattern drawings, made by dripping ink over wet paper that had been set over newsprint to make interesting topographies:
The black Flow Pattern drawings are made with reclaimed inkjet ink, which contains a certain amount of every ink used in professional-grade inkjets. So I was hoping that some kind of separation would happen as the ink dried, and different colors would become visible against the composite black shade. And, indeed, there are areas of cyan and magenta bleeding through the basic black in certain areas of these drawings:
Finally, I pieced together another Tetra Experiments piece, this time following a pattern: I started with a basic zigzag line, then added an extension with three empty sleeves to every third segment. I then attached it to an earlier piece, the one curled around the pole with a cube held in a little cage.