Mindhue Studio

Printmaking, conceptual and installation art

Tag: average

Some Messing Around with Plate Tectonics

Just a couple of images to show what I’ve been playing around with recently. It has to do with the shapes of the major tectonic plates and their overall vectors. Interesting thing: the amount of distance that each plate moves in a year can be easily expressed, in real-life scale, in a print one can

Average Security Council 2015

Working again with the concept of averaging things to see what results, I’ve pulled up a project from years past and figured out a way to make a physical manifestation. In this case, I’m averaging flags, specifically, the flags of the nations that make up the United Nations Security Council for 2015. Here’s the base

Earth Flag

There was a Photoshop contest over at Fark.com today to make up an “official” flag for the whole planet. Most of the entries were snarky, as befits the location, but I used my average continental colors to come up with something a little more interesting: The stripes represent each continent in proportion, starting with Eurasia

People Like Colorfield Videos with No Sound… Who Knew?

I was browsing my Vimeo stats and I’m quite surprised that every one of my top ten loaded videos is not a wind turbine, is not an icosacomposite, is not the MBTA… They are all Average Cinema pieces. Which means that a decent number of people are loading up silent colorfield videos and are, for

Average Cinema Album on Vimeo

Since I did my Cinema Icosacomposites of 32 of the Top 100 American Films, I decided to dust off a similar project I was working on a couple years back, that of my Average Cinema. I only did a few films, because of the limitations of my hardware, but this time it was much easier.

Remixed English Swadesh Composite

I kinda overloaded the sound layering engine in Adobe Soundbooth with 207 tracks of audio, so the original sound file I made was very clippy and full of digital static. This time I chopped the project into 23 groups of 9 sounds and then layered the resulting files together. This was still staticky, so I