Some new things, some tidying up, some experiments. First of all — the soundtrack for this residency so far, courtesy of the 5-disc CD changer at the Nave:
Now, for some art! More random 6×6 grids:
Bonus! These random pixel shapes were made with the brand new pixel dice I made earlier, and are glued together as actual artifacts!
The 5×5 sets of cubes I stained blue, black and red joined with their yellowish raw wood cousins to make 100 colored pixels:I did two random setups with these 100 colored pixels, but I wasn’t happy with the way the wood grain reflected the flash:
So I need to cobble together a lighting situation that minimizes shadows and shoot these without flash in the coming days.
I also started playing around with some tetrahedronal interlocking pieces that are supposed to represent the bonds made by carbon atoms, but will serve as a non-orthagonal gridding structure:
Whatever these things are, they’ve captured some tiny cubes to use for their own purposes. Speaking of cubes, I started playing around with arranging cubes of various sizes to see what happens. Here are some pictures of the results today: Finally, I took the full disposal unit from the Epson inkjet printer at work and squeezed out a goodly amount of mixed CMYK inkjet ink, just to see what might happen. This will be used in future projects:
In other news, the 3D pixel Nile has been completely glued together, and the 3D pixel Yangtze is almost ready for final assembly. Remember the Meet & Greet tomorrow at 6:30!